Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Well this year we tried something a little different, we stayed here in California. Not know what to do about Thanksgiving, I decide to host my first Thanksgiving and try my hand at making a turkey. Little did I know that this adventure we be surrounded by tons of mini adventures. There were several times when it was just going to be Paul and I and I wasn't going to make a turkey. It seemed like everyone we invited had plans and was going to be gone, or some people had car troubles and almost got stuck in San Diego coming back from deployment. But Sarah and Gerry made it back safe and sound and we were so thrilled that they did. Then the thrill and adventure of making my first turkey began. I was so stressed in the morning, but as the day progressed I became more excited about this adventure. However, when I started planning this big dinner, I didn't realize I would be overcome with the bug to make everything. I wanted to make the turkey, pies, grandma's rolls, and all the other minor stuff. So I decided the rolls would have to wait for another year. I made pies on Wednesday night. Do get to excited they were simple pie recipes that I know, and there was no pumpkin pie because nobody would have eaten it. And I roasted a turkey between those two things I satisfied my needs of cooking and baking; which I do love to do. All in all 3 1/2 hours later we had a fabulous turkey and fixings. I couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving than being in Utah with family. Later we went and saw "Bolt" at the local theater. I highly recommend it the pigeons and hamster make the show and it is hilarious, either that or I am crazy. It was a great Thanksgiving and I can't wait to do it again now that I know I can do it on my own with out family surrounds us and we survived. My next adventure, black Friday shopping here I come I can't wait. ttyl

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, your turkey looks amazing! Fabulous job and I'm sure everything tasted wonderful. Missed you at Thanksgiving, but am glad I get to see so much of you at Christmas time. Hopefully you won't be too sick to enjoy the rest of your stay here in Utah.