Monday, August 17, 2009

Mason Gage Nelson

Please help us welcome our newest addition. Mason Gage Nelson was born on Monday, August 10th at 1:14 am. He weighed 8lbs and 6 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. He decided to make quiet the entrance into our hearts. I was supposed to be induced on Sunday evening but when we arrived at the hospital we found out that I was already in active labor dialated to a 4 and my water broke during my examination. The doctor told us we would be having a baby that night and would not be having the induction. After a wonderful epidural and a few sketchy moment of his heart rate droping the doctor decided I needed to push and out he came, unravaling from the embilical cord. And what did mom see? Doctors reaching and scrambling to catch him, good thing I had three doctors, a nurse, and my husband around me to catch the little guy. We are so thrilled to have Mason in our home and lives.










6 comments:

Julie said...

He is so cute. How is Sydney doing with it all? I am worried how Emma is going to react in November. I hope I get to see him in person before we move to Japan.

Nate and Jill said...

Congratulations to you all! He looks absolutely adorable! Sydney looks happy, how is she handling the new baby? How are you doing? We miss you and wish you the best.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad everything went well. What a sweetheart! Good luck in the weeks ahead!

The Youngs said...

CONGRATS again! Mason is just as cute as can be. You have a beautiful little family. :) Can't wait to meet both kiddos someday. Hope everyone is adjusting well. Love you all & miss ya!

TomKat said...

Congratulations Brianna!! He is so adorable. What a cute family :)

The Duncans said...

Congrats to your little family! I still can hardly believe that you have two that are so close. I hope you are doing well.