Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Visitor




Last week we had the opportunity to have Paul's sister come stay with us. It was so much fun, if you talk to her she will say she learned about the navy way of life,"Never to be able to have definite plans." Things change daily and Paul's schedule has been insane lately, like this morning he was up at 4:00am to be at work by 5:00 am, poor guy.



Anyway back to Amy, her plans didn't work out like planned but we managed to have fun. We visited the Fresno Temple one day and low and behold I forgot my recommend and we were to far from home to turn around to get it, but they still let us in to do the work.



We spent alot of time find and buying fruit and Paul and Amy enjoyed eating the yummy fresh fruit. We managed to spare some and make fresh blueberry jam. That was a first for me and it was actually fun once I got over the grossness of what smashed blueberries look like. I think I might try making raspberry jam next. Amy has created a monster.





On Saturday we visited a herb farm, it was very interesting. I never knew you could do soooo many thing with a lavender plant. We smelt alot of different herbs and tried some samples. Some were good and others plan nasty. It was fun and hot so we were relieved to get in the car with A/C. A few hours later I took Amy over to the squadron to see all of Paul's plans and what he does. I have to admit it was fun seeing his squadron again, but this time with him working. However, I was rushed to get home and in the cool air, the temperature read 113 degrees. Holy cow thats hot, and being prego I was done for the day not to mention my feet were so swollen.




We had so much fun playing games, watching Star Trek, chatting, working on a puzzle and doing whatever else. Now that she is gone we miss her especially me during the day with all my friends currently gone back to their home states. I guess we will see her in a few weeks back in Utah.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Way cute pictures. I'm glad I took so many to document our awesome time together. See you in Utah. I leave Thursday.