Thursday, January 3, 2008

The First Day is the Worst

So for any of you have a had your husband leave for an extend amount of time know how hard the first day is. I always think each time he leaves it will get easier and easier, but somehow it never does. For us military wives we know that he won't be gone just a day or two, it is a matter of two weeks to six months or longer sometimes. I think what makes it the worst in not knowing the exact date he is coming home.

So you can only do one this make it through the first day and then you are usually okay. You usually drop him off at the airport or pick up point in the morning trying not to cry, but letting a few tears shed. Then in my case this morning you go to the hospital for more tests that you wish he was there for. You find yourself in a slump. Trying to get busy but knowing all along that he won't be beside you for a while is hard. So cry a little more and get on with the day. That is how your survive, ocasionally you wish your best friends who you have either moved away from or have moved away from you are here. But you always cherish the friends you have around you. I think that is how I make it through.

Maybe one day it will be easier but as for now I am thankful to have a job and wonderful friends surronding me, but I do miss those who have moved and family also.

5 comments:

The Youngs said...

Oh, Brianna, BIG HUGS!!! I know how bad it stinks when your hubby goes away. The first few days really are the worst, trying to get into a routine by yourself. But just think, this time will be like nothing compared to a cruise! If you need someone to talk to, just give me a call! Some things that helped me were: getting out of the house EVERY day, making it a point to get some adult interaction EVERY day, and basically anything to keep me busy and occupied. When Kyle was gone, you, Jill, Sarah, and Maggie were great distractions. However, nighttime was hard because I was alone and there was nothing to do. Popcorn and chick flicks were my best friends then. I wish I could be there to hang out with you! I miss you. Love ya!

olivers said...

Hey there girl sounds like you are having a tuff time. I feel for you. Keep your chin up and know that there is an end. Stay busy. Good luck I wish I had more suggestion for you, but if you need anything feel free to ask I will be there if I can. Love ya lots miss you too.

Pulsiphers said...

Hey I am sorry that really sucks, and really do mean that if you want to get a way for the week come on down we really are only a short drive away.

TomKat said...

Brianna! I wish I was there to keep you company, but if you need anything give me a call! Miss you!

Kelli said...

Hey you! I didn't even know you had a blog until today. Just want to throw out the general invitation that you're welcome to come hang out anytime. We can always throw together another impromtu movie night or whatnot.