Wednesday, January 2, 2008

On With the New Year

Well as the New Year begins, so do our lives begin again. The Holiday season is over and I find myself thinking of setting New Years resolutions or having Paul telling me to. I don't believe in resolutions, they never last, but that is probably my mind set.

For those of you who are interested we had a wonderful time back home in Utah for Christmas. It was one of the best Christmas's I have ever had and I think that was a combination of many thing. One being a newly wed and having our first Christmas which was priceless and the other was being home with family who we hadn't seen some of them for many months. But all in all we were glad to get back to Lemoore, which honestly really surprised me that I would ever say that. I guess deep down somewhere inside me this has become a place I like and it has become home. I think it is the great friends and house we have. Sorry there are now Christmas pictures yet my mother hasn't sent them too me.

We then celebrate New Years with a bunch of friends on base here and it was a blast. I never knew men could be so good at Mad Gab and that women just sit and laugh because it sounds like Chinese people talking. It was a great night and we managed to stay up until midnight.

And now the New Year has started. I find myself cleaning a bunch and organizing. Paul has got me in that mood and he keeps consolidating his things that are packed away. It is another one of he wonderfully cute, yet weird ways of helping me ease into the thought of become pregnant sometime in the coming months. We are also preparing for Paul to leave for the month of January, he will be spending about 2-3 weeks in Yuma, AZ and then a week on the USS Ronald Regan. I will be glad when he returns, hopefully it goes fast. So this is how we are kicking the New Year off cleaning and Paul leaving, real eventful. :)

2 comments:

The Youngs said...

Brianna, I am so glad that you and Paul had a great time in Utah for Christmas! Whose house did you end up staying at? Your New Years celebrations sound a lot funner than what we did. We're so boring! And how funny that you're already "nesting"! I didn't start "nesting" until I was about 4 months pregnant. I've been cleaning up a storm today too, dejunking closets and throwing things away to make room for the new goodies we got for Christmas.

Kyle's younger brother is a Marine and stationed down in Yuma! Maybe he and Paul will run into one another?! Sorry he'll be gone for so long. It's just another month in the life of a Navy wife. HUGS! I miss you guys.

Pulsiphers said...

I am glad you had a good Christmas. I saw your mom and dad a couple of days after christmas. They looked good, They said you had a really fun christmas. I didn't know paul was leaving for almost a month, that sucks. If you want to get away for the week end you are more than welcome at my place. Talk to you soon.