Saturday, March 15, 2008

Another Pregnancy Story

So I am sure everyone is sick of hearing about me having morning sickness and a cold, but yet again lucky for my as my mother informed me I have another pregnancy story. So now that the drama of it is over and I have calmed down I thought I would pass it along.

Just as things started getting good and I thought I was at the end of the morning sickness another event occurred. Late Thursday night as we were settling down to go to bed I decided to go to the bathroom, much to my surprise I began bleeding a ton. I freaked out called Paul out of bed and demanded he get the packet of Base Hospital numbers we had been given. I just kept muttering to myself, "I am having a miscarriage." I couldn't believe it I had gone 12 weeks without any problems and now I thought I was having a miscarriage. The hospital told me to come in immediately. So after rushing in we had to wait for a half an hour to be seen, I was going crazy!!! Then the doctor finally came I did a urine sample and had blood taken. Then it came time to find the babies heartbeat. They found mine with no problem, after what felt like forever and I am sure it was about five minutes and lots of searching, the babies heartbeat was finally found. With relief I just began to cry, I didn't think such a little sound could bring so much relief in the situation.

After returning home and being discharged at 1:30 am I think I got about three hours of solid sleep, still worrying about bleeding everywhere and the baby. I got up the next morning and went to the OB/GYN clinic for a follow up and was informed sometimes that just happens in pregnancy and was reassured I was okay. By the time I got to work it had been 10 hours since the whole ordeal began; I had urine and blood taken, two ultrasounds, two physicals, and about three hours of sleep. Of course Paul sleep like a baby when it was all over. Everyone at work thought I was crazy for coming to work and said that I should be at home resting, but all I could think about is getting my time card turned. Everyone thought I was crazy and I probably should have stated home, the recovery of it all hasn't been much fun but at least everything is okay and now I have a week off from work for Spring Break to rest!!! So all in all baby is doing great.

5 comments:

The Youngs said...

Oh, no, Brianna! That would be so scary! I would probably have done the same thing. But I am SOOO happy to hear that everything is ok with you and the baby! I am sure that it will just be one of the many stories that you can share of your little one.

TomKat said...

Brianna I love you and I am glad everything is okay!

Pulsiphers said...

I am so glad everything is going well I am sorry you had to go through all of that. Love you call me if you need anything

Kelli said...

Woah, SCARY!!! I feel for you!

The Duncans said...

Isn't it funny how you care so immediately about this new little thing growing inside of you. Those little babies might as well be an idea in our head, they are something we have never seen or felt...yep almost just an idea! And yet we care so much so soon! Isn't it wonderful! I am so sorry you had such a scare. I hope you are feeling better. Gosh, I thought for a second you were going to say you were in labor, I am glad you are both ok!