Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend Adventure

This past week Paul and I had the opportunity to have my parents in town. We loved every minute of it and wish they were still here. We hung around town a lot and just caught up, but on Saturday we took a couple of fun adventures. We first started off by visiting Paul's squadron, I think my Dad really enjoyed seeing all the jets. The company my Dad works for produces alot of the military weapons, so Paul and him had fun talking about engines and missiles and what not.


Our next adventure was up to Sequoia National Park. Upon first entering the park we saw a bobcat and then some deer, so the wildlife was great and was later accompanied by some deadlife of squirrels. Finally after a few hours of driving we got to the big Sequoia trees, those suckers are huge. It was our first time seeing them and it was fun, we then proceeded to hike around in the snow so we could get pictures. Who would have know there was still snow up there, not me.


From there it was on to General Sherman; for those of you like myself who don't know what General Sherman is, it is like the biggest tree known. If I remember it might not be the tallest but definitely the widest, but don't quote me on that. However, the sure hugeness of the tree was amazing. After driving and hiking in the snow to those spots, myself along with everyone else was exhausted, and in our effort to get there not knowing what to expect we were all starving. So we found the first place we could and ate, which was good.


We then just crashed once we got home. On Sunday we went to church with my family, it was fun for them to meet our friends and see our ward. Afterwards Paul and I surprised them by hiding Easter basket for them, ourselves, and Sarah since Gerry is gone. My mom helped me cook a nice ham and company or funeral potatoes (which ever you call them). It turned out good and was my first time cooking each; thanks for the help mom. Then we sat around the rest of the night playing card games, which was a blast. So the weekend was a awesome overall and we can't wait to see them in June/July.

2 comments:

The Youngs said...

Brianna, you're so cute! It looks and sounds like you had a great time with your parents in town. Was it hard for you to let them leave? When's your next Dr. appointment? I expect to hear updates! And maybe soon you can do a post on your growing belly with pictures. I miss my baby belly.

The Youngs said...

Forgot to add that Kyle may have to come to Lemoore the end of May for some schooling. If so, I'll probably tag along. Will you guys be around???