Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Break Countdown

Wow, I never thought being out of school I would be so excited for Spring Break to come; but I am. My number one reason, my family is coming out for Easter and I am so excited to see them. Pregnancy has been wearing me out and I just want to see my mom and dad. Reason number two, no more mean teenager. Holy cow, I hope I wasn't as vicious and rude when I was 12-15 years old as my kids at school are. It will be nice to have a week off from them. Reason number three, enjoying the sunny California weather. While I am missing my snow, I do have to admit that it is nice to be in carpi's in Mid March. I am loving this weather. Plus not to mention a week off from Young Women's; that is a double edge sword. I love my girls but we have been so busy lately we are all excited for the break. Especially after today.

In our Ward today, the whole Young Women's Presidency had to speak. I started the meeting off with a talk that went fairly well, once I finally made it there. I was cutting it close thanks to the baby. I have decided this child hates mornings as much as I do, it is making me miserable in the mornings, not to mention now I have a cold on top of all that. So after practically running into church and praying I didn't get pulled over on the way, I made it and gave my talk fabulously if I do say so myself, which is amazing because I hate speaking. So at the rate I am going I will probably be speaking in a six months to a year again.

So now that that talk is over, bring on Spring Break. :)

5 comments:

Lisa Raines said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. But I am very happy that you get to have spring break. I think I'm probably just as excited as you to be off for spring break. WOOHOO!!!

Kelli said...

You DID do a very nice job on the talk. You don't only have to say so yourself. :)

Anonymous said...

I am soooo jealous that your family is coming for Easter. You did a great job yesterday! The weather has been awesome!!

The Youngs said...

Sorry you're still sick! My morning sickness didn't go away until about 16-17 weeks into pregnancy. Just in time to feel those first kicks! How fun that your parents are coming for Easter. It's always exciting when family comes and visits you at your own home. Good job on the talk too! I wasn't there, but I imagine you did a marvelous job. Love the new picture of you and Paul, by the way. Now where are the belly pictures?????

Pulsiphers said...

That sucks that you are still feeling sick. But that is really cool that your family is coming for easter. I am really happy my mom and dad and marc and lisa are coming this wednesday and I can't wait it will be so much fun. by the way sorry you have a cold that is the worst thing when you are already sick with morning sickness and to top it off you have acold too. Sorry call me when you have time.